COMING SOON

.
Loading...

Wednesday, February 11

D Slim - Interview


TooKnown's Interview of the Day

It took a while but we finally got it out. I hate when tech difficulties ruin your plans. Well fuck it..whatever. Right now Manic is workin on a couple videos which should be airing REALLLLL SOON. So after you peep this dude from tha lone star state...PEEP MY VIDEOSSS!!!!!

(TooKnown)1. Let's start of by letting the people know who you are, and where u represent??
(D Slim)Whats the deal? Its ya boy D Slim CEO/Artist of Vizion Entertainment/A.G.B Muzik straight out that D*Town Dallas,TX.

2. How did you get into the rap game??
Back in '01/02, I think i was 19 at the time.I was at this club Jamies Rythms freestylin in the crowd, and the CEO of Grifter Records heard me and invited me over to the studio.The next morning he had his producer and one of the artist come get me from the crib.So they took me to the studio and I recorded my first record with them, and from then on I got more and more involved. I ended up doing like 4 albums with them which one of them was chopped and slowed down by DJ Michael Watts of the Swisha House.After a while, i guess i realized my worth or whatever and parted ways to do my own thing.I saw the number of oppurtunities to make a living off this music, so i had to learn the business a bit.Now I got Vizion Entertainment/ A.G.B. Muzik and the rest is history.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
3. What's your inspiration?? How long you been doin your thing??
Man I been spittin since i was nine.Back in High School, me and a 3 of my potnas had this group called F.C.(Fatal Collision). We use to record and slang our tapes at the school and around the hood all the time.Back then we was doing it real, it was for the love of the music.We was the first cats round our neighborhood to really put music out there for others to hear it, and freestyle whenever and wherever.Shout out to my boy Slicc Ronson, he been there with me since like '96.As far as inspiration, Imma music fan first.And im real big on lyricism and content. So when I listen for muzik other than my own thats what i look for.You gotta be talking bout something to get my attention fareal.

4. How did you recieve or create your name??
Everybody been calling me Slim from jump.I've always been a lil skinny cat ya feal me.My first name is Daniel and some people use to call me D to so I just started telling people my name was D Slim and it just stuck.

5. Got any new singles or mixtapes out at the moment??
Currently I got the first official mixtape 'GRIND SEASON' out in the streets right now.We bout to have it up online in a hot min.It features me and my other two artist DBoy and MD.Shots out to that boy Jack Frost for mixing that up for us.DBoy just dropped his mixtape "The Throwdest'.Its in the streets right now as well.Were in the process of picking a single now cuz we got the album coming this summer, so yall be looking out for that.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
6. Where your from is there any competition?? As in who is on top of the city?? Who's in first??
Right now man, imma be perfectly honest.The muzik seen in the D, man I'm not to happy about it.U got a couple cats out here tryin to make some noise but they aint giving the world the real D Town,Tx. The shit they play on the Radio down here is kinda redundant, nobodys doin them they doing what another city or Artist is doing.The real cats that got that real DTown flavor, aint really getting the airplay from the Radio Stations.The only one is Big Chief and he been doing his thing for years and they just now really giving the man his just do.Other than him u got Gator Main,its a dude name K Rock(not the dj the original K Rock 'The Rockla') thats a beast.Tuck is nice, my boy D.T, Richochet, CPone,I really cant just say who is number one, cuz in my opinion aint nobody really impress me much besides the folk I just mentioned.Its a lot of cats in the D that go hard, but the ringtone rappers and this "Imma make a dance song cuz so and so doin it' attitude is tainting the muzik seen down here.That aint what we about in D Town.That aint the Real D Town, but me and my squad about to change all that.

7. If you do shows where do you perform at?? If you don't where do you want to perform in the future??
I havent done any shows here recently. Were in the process of pulling everything together to promote for this album.So look out for us real soon, wherever we can showcase our talent we there.

8. As of right now where do you record at?? Where do you wanna record at??
Right now I record at AGB Studios.Thats were we record and mix everything.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
9. For the year of '09 what you got coming up??
Man we got a hell of a year coming up.We got the Ryda Muzik mixtape,coming in Feb,
The AGB Album "Against All Odds".I got my Album and mixtape coming soon entitled "The Formula".I got a couple new artist Imma introduce to yall this yr to.We got some big things planned for the 09.Its time D Town Shine the right way, ya feel me.

10. Any last words or shoutouts??
Yea man I just wanna say its Two Thousand Grind, and I'm on.Its gone be a Allstate Grindboy Year fareal.I gotta say whats happenin to all my folk out the D.All the folk that support what I do,and thats been down from day one.My boy Slicc Ronson,S.G, FMB and the whole Mobbstar crew.Of course my whole crew, DBoy,Willean,MD and the whole Vizion Entertainment staff.Everybody over there at Big Wheel,Grifter, my potana Yung Stet of the Dream Team.
Make sure yall hit us up at myspace.com/allstategrindboyz at my muzik page myspace.com/dslimmuzik my artist Willean page myspace.com/leansippen freestyles and exclusive album cuts on each page.
DTown stay down.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Bonus Tracks
"Grind Season" the Mixtape DOWNLOAD HERE

D Slim - Rydin Chrome [Fire]

D Slim - Dallas County Outlaw [Hot Fiya]

D Slim - Shine Grind [Fire]

No comments: