COMING SOON

.
Loading...

Sunday, December 7

Torrey-Tee - Interview


TooKnown's Interview of the Day

I had already known about this dude before even talkin to him. Thats cuz I did some work with his cousin Slicc Ronson, and his homeboy Pretty Slick, this dudes a sick producer and he raps. Fuck with the interview and theres tracks at the bottom with a myspace link too!!!!!!

(TooKnown)1. What's up man..Lets start it off by lettin the people out there who you are and where u come from??

(TorreyTee)The name is Torrey-Tee From Dallas, Texas by way of Sacramento. Oak Cliff Representa, South Sac Valley Hi Reppa. Full Effect Ent Ceo..Yall know what it is.

2. What made you decide to become a producer/rapper??
Well the rappin' came from goofin' off with friends in middle school, freestylin' and makin' beats on the table. And one thing led to another, then came the writing and learning how to construct songs in the right format. And some friends of mine introduced me to Reason, Fruity Loops and different keyboards and software. And it just took off from there. The production part was an accident, my producer at the time wasn't shelling out enough beats at the rapid rate of me writing songs so me and one of my patnas at the time put in money and got it poppin'.

3. How long you been doin your thang??
I'd say about 7 or 8 years. But I started goin' hard in 06-07.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
4. What inspires the way u make beats??

I get inspiration from listening to different genres of music and the different arrangements and sounds that the musicians put together. When most people are probably listening to the artists singing or rapping, I'm listening to the melody and the flow and the different instruments that come in at certain times that make the song special.

5. What about your flow?? Who do u think your flow is most like?? Or what would you consider your style??
I mean I don't like to compare myself anybody but definitely am heavily influenced by Biggie ,Bun B, T.I, Rakim, Lupe Fiasco, Raekwon, Big Daddy Kane, Jigga and Nas. I definitely hear similarities when I switch up flows. I consider my style to be a northern Cali, Southern fried, east coast flow. Its all combined.

6. How did you think of your drop?? "Torrey (X5) Tee on the beat"??
Haha. That was a accident. Messin' with my M-Audio keyboard and it just stuck. I personally like it. And I always hear other people sayin it. I find it very catchy.

7. What artists have you worked with?? Who would you wanna work with??
My Big Cousin a heavy influence on my music, Slicc Ronson, my artists on Full Effect YB, Polo, Tha Flatlinerz. My nigga D. Rock!! Jon Famou$, I also was influential in Pretty Slick's Career. If I had a choice I'd like to work with Wiz Khalifa, Rick Ross' New Artist Masspike Miles, B.o.B, Kidz in The Hall & Ya Boy.

8. Do you have a new tape out that the people should be getting at??
YES!!!! FOLLOW THE LEADER VOL 1.(MIXED BY DJ OASIS) IS OUT NOW!!! Its available online at myspace.com/torreyteezy and its also available in stores in Sacramento! R5 RECORDS on Broadway. And Dimple Records in (Elk Grove, Citrus Heights, Arden) Or call me yourself and I'll send you a copy 916-281-1747!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
9. Who could we see on that tape??
You can find my Full Effect family YB, and Polo. My nigga Bosse of State Cap, Sirron, JD aka Pretty Slick, and Production by nigga Raspy, Nicatyne, Jon Famous & Myself! Most of all its mixed by my official DJ, DJ Oasis!!

10. Where do you see yourself in...idk...5-10 years??
I see myself with a distribution deal, producing for top artists runnin' my company. Puttin' out my artists and helping them get where they wanna be and having my hand in several lucrative deals.

11. Well its been good man..thanks for doin this interview...any last words or shootouts?

Shoutout to my moms, pops, brothers & sisters, my grandmother, my aunts and uncles, my cousins Slicc Ronson, FMB, Slim Gotty, my niggas YB, Polo, TooKnown & the whole Manic Productions Msz. Lisa, D. Rock!! DJ Oasis, J. Good, Nikki True, Bosse, Nicatyne, Jon Famou$, Truth B. Told, FlyGuy, Raspy, YoungF2M, DJ Big J, Tha Flatlinerz, Paris, Kenny Lo, iND Gang, & Josh Fernandez. R.I.P Nikki Triggs, Uncle Marvin & my nigga Eric "Bay Bay" Young. I appreciate everybody who supports me and those who've helped me along the way, your name may not be on here but your not forgotten. I appreciate the haters and the fans. Without yall I don't know where I'd be haha! Go Cop My Mixtape! I'm out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Bonus Tracks

Torrey-Tee - Real Shit [Fire]

Torrey-Tee - Dey Know Freestyle [Hot Fiya]

Torrey-Tee feat. YB & Pretty Slick - I'm So Fresh [Hot Fiya]

1 comment:

Devaughn said...

YEA YEA YEA BIG UPS TO DA BOI TORREY TEE! I FUCKS WIT HIM FASHO! ITS DA KID D.PHRESH 1 OF THE BEST. I WISH MY NIGGA DA BEST THO...HE LACED ME WITH BEATS AND IM TELLIN YAL THE BOI IS HOT! FUCK WIT EM